Skip to main content Skip to footer

Short-Term Rental Licence Requirements Now in Effect

The City’s Short-Term Rental Licensing By-law is now in effect. All short-term rentals (STRs) located in Owen Sound require a licence to operate.

The City’s website includes resources for applicants, operators, visitors, and neighbours. 

For more information, including questions and appointment requests, please contact Niels Jensen, STR Licensing Coordinator, at 519-376-4440 ext. 1257 or email

Quick Facts:

  • All STRs located in Owen Sound require a licence to operate.
  • The City’s website includes important STR information for applicants, operators, visitors, and neighbours. Visit for full details.
  • A short-term rental may operate for a maximum of 180 days per year.
  • There are offences for advertising without a licence and advertising without a licence number.


Contact Us

808 2nd Avenue East,
Owen Sound, ON
N4K 2H4
Phone: 519-376-1440
Email us

Sign up for City news to your inbox!

Stay up to date on the city's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our news posts.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.