Skip to main content Skip to footer

By-law Enforcement


How to Submit a By-law Complaint

By-law infraction complaints must be submitted in writing with the name and contact information of the complainant. All complainant information will remain confidential.

Coming June 2024: You will be able to submit a complaint through the Owen Sound By-law Enforcement Portal.  In order to do so, you need to provide an address. If you don’t have an address, you will be able to select a location on the map that is closest to the infraction location and provide detailed complaint information.

If your complaint is not by-law enforcement related, it can be submitted through the Report a Concern form.

By-law Complaint Process

By-law Enforcement Officers respond to complaints based on priority and the priority list may change based on Officer discretion. The infographic below outlines how by-law complaints are processed.

Contact Us:

808 2nd Avenue East,
Owen Sound, ON
N4K 2H4
Phone: 519-376-1440 ext. 1905 

Sign up for City news to your inbox!

Stay up to date on the city's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our news posts.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.