Skip to main content Skip to footer

By-law Enforcement

Noise and Nuisance Permits

The City has a noise by-law and a nuisance by-law. To apply for a permit to engage in activity that would otherwise be prohibited by the noise or nuisance by-laws, please complete the application form and submit it with the $200 non-refundable application fee. The application form and fee can be submitted in person by attending City Hall or by mailing it to:

City Clerk, Briana Bloomfield
City Hall
808 2nd Avenue East

Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit, or credit card. The application form is also available at City Hall.

A permit application must be provided to the City Clerk at least 45 days prior to the date that the activity will begin. The City Clerk will notify neighbours within a 60 metre area of the proposed noise/nuisance and provide them with an opportunity to comment on whether a permit should be granted.

In considering an application for a permit, the following items will be considered:

  • Description of activity;
  • Public comments;
  • Location;
  • Period of time;
  • Reasons; and
  • City by-laws and policies.

The City Clerk or Council may issue a permit, issue a permit subject to certain conditions, or refuse to issue a permit.

Contact Us:

808 2nd Avenue East,
Owen Sound, ON
N4K 2H4
Phone: 519-376-1440 ext. 1905 

Sign up for City news to your inbox!

Stay up to date on the city's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our news posts.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.