Skip to main content Skip to footer

Sign Permits

The Building Division is responsible for processing and issuing sign permits regulating permanent and portable signs and other advertising devices. All signs must comply with the City of Owen Sound Sign By-law. A sign that does not comply with the by-law will require a minor variance.

Please apply for a sign permit using Cloudpermit.  

Please contact the Planning Division for further information.

Cloudpermit is now live! 

This means all City of Owen Sound building and sign permit applications will be done online.

The Cloudpermit building permit system will allow you to apply for, and to see the status of, your application anywhere, at any time. You will be able to start an application and finish it later and receive email updates on the status of your permit application. Inspection requests can also be made for permits that were applied for on Cloudpermit.  


How to get started:  

To start, create your Cloudpermit account by visiting the Cloudpermit platform here. Once registered, you can apply for building permits and track their progress online. 


How-to videos and support materials: 
Cloudpermit has a variety of resources to help you – check out Cloudpermit Support for instructions on the basics and watch the instructional videos below to learn how to use the software:  


To learn a little more about Cloudpermit check out the CloudPermit support here.

Sign up for City news to your inbox!

Stay up to date on the city's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our news posts.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.