The Strategic plan is to be an integrated Council-Staff plan that considers all aspects of City operations. The plan is to include a clear vision and mission as well as defined goals, objectives and priorities that are realistic, achievable and measurable. The strategic plan is intended to recognize the uniqueness of the City of Owen Sound.
2015 Strategic Plan
Previous Strategic Plan
Previous Strategic Plans
- Revised Strategic Plan - June 13, 2005 (220 kb)
- Revised January 2008 - Strategic Plan - Jan. 28, 2008 (230 kb)
Request for Proposal
The objective of the request for proposal was to select a qualified Consultant to provide external assistance to the development of a comprehensive strategic plan for The City of Owen Sound.
- Strategic Planning Consulting Services - RFP14-25
- Strategic Planning Consulting Services - RFP14-25 - Addendum 1
- Strategic Plan Request for Proposals - CM-14-011 - September 8, 2014
- Strategic Plan Development Update - CM-15-002 - January 26, 2015
Project Work Plan
The following diagram summarizes the major tasks identified in the City of Owen Sound Strategic Plan project along with expected timelines. It is proposed that the strategic plan will be finalized by the end of June 2015, at which point the final plan will be presented to Council for approval.