Your water bill is issued by the City of Owen Sound. To provide clarity and transparency, we have designed a water bill template offering an explanation of the bill structure:
- Account Number - this if your 11 digit water bill account number.
- Customer Name and Service Address - this is the name and service address for the water bill.
- Billing Date - this is the date the bill was issued.
- Due Date - this is the date that your payment must be received by the City of Owen Sound to avoid interest charges.
- Amount Now Due - this is the amount due by the due date. It includes any previous unpaid amounts.
- Billing Period - this is the period of time that is being charged.
- Previous Read - this is the meter reading from your previous bill.
- Current Read - this is the meter reading taken from the end of the current billing period.
- Consumption - this is the difference between the previous and current read.
- Water Consumption - this is the cost of the water used in the current billing period.
- Water Service Charge - this is the City's cost of treating and delivering the water to your address.
- Waste Water Charge - this is the City's cost of removing the water to the Waste Water Treatment Plant, treating, and releasing.
- New Account Setup Fee - this is the cost to set up new accounts.
- Extra Charges - these are additional unpaid and/or incidental charges.
- Message Box - this provides additional information and helpful advice for your account.