Commissioner of Oaths

 Commissioner of Oaths

Members of the public may require commissioning of documents whereby one is required to take an oath or an affirmation or make a declaration in front of a commissioner. A commissioner is available by appointment.  Please contact us at 519-376-4440 ext. 1268 Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

 What Documents the City Commissions
Delayed birth registrations, name change applications, planning applications, insurance claims, common law status affidavits, vehicle ownership transfers, pension purpose attestations, travel documents, affidavits waiving vaccinations, OSAP applications.
 What Documents the City does not Commission

Wills, powers of attorney, divorce applications, separation agreements, cohabitation agreements, custody documents, court documents relating to a court proceeding.

Commissioner of Oaths have the right to refuse commissioning services on any document.

 Commissioning Fee
 The fee for commissioning documents is $40.00 plus HST.
 What does the applicant need to provide
The applicant needs to provide government issued photo identification. After taking an oath, the applicant will sign the document in front of the commissioner.

Contact Us