How to Use the Bicycle Racks
Loading Your Bicycle:
- As the bus approaches be ready to load your bike and remove any loose items from your bike that may fall off (water bottle, pumps, etc.)
- Let the driver know you will be loading your bike. For safety reasons the driver cannot get off the bus to assist you. However, they can provide instructions.
- To protect yourself from other traffic on the roadway, always load and unload your bike from the passenger side of the bus (closest to the curb).
- To put the bicycle rack down grasp the handle in the centre of the bicycle rack and while pushing in slightly, squeeze the handle to release the latch. This can be done using only one hand.
- Lift your bike onto the rack and place the wheels in the slots.
- Raise the support arm over the top of the front tire and place it so that it is resting on your bike tire and not the frame or fender.
Unloading Your Bicycle:
- Before you reach your stop let the driver know you will be unloading your bike and exit at the front door.
- Raise the support arm off the tire of your bike. Be sure to move it down and out of your way.
- Lift your bike out of the rack.
- If the rack is empty, fold up the rack making sure it locks into place before you step away from the bus.
- Step away from the bus and signal the driver that you are clear of the bus.
The City of Owen Sound and the Transit Contractor, First Student Canada are not responsible for damages incurred or caused by bicycles or their owners when using the transit bicycle racks.