Harrison Park Seniors' Drop-in Centre
75 2nd Ave East, Harrison Park
519-371-0024 (wheelchair accessible)
The Harrison Park Seniors' Drop-In Centre officially opened on October 1, 1993. This centre provides a much-needed service to those 50 years and over. It is operated by a volunteer Board of Directors, which meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
- Basic Income Tax Returns: for low income seniors (book appointment)
- Typing, letters, minutes, photocopies* (*small photocopying charge applies)
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 9 a.m. - 12 noon
- Other Services:
- Help with filling out application forms
- Brochures available on senior needs & services
- Meeting room available for up to 25 people (minimum rental rate)
Games Day 1p.m. to 5p.m. (Euchre, cribbage, scrabble, etc.)
7:00-9:00pm Crokinole (2nd and 4th Tues)
1:00 - 2:00pm Tai Chi
|Wednesdays||1:00 - 4:00 pm - Pepper|
1:00 - 4:00pm - Wizard
Owen Sound and Area Seniors' Centre
1852 3rd Avenue East (McQuay Tannery Building)
Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 2M5
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Activities: At various times during the day and evenings
Contact: Jerrie Traynor, Executive Director
Tel.: 519-376-8304 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you are a regular participant, a visitor, a volunteer or someone who signs up for a specific program, we offer you a warm welcome to our Seniors' Centre
Owen Sound and Area Seniors' Centre is a not for profit incorporated organization that provides leadership, socialization, programs and activities that encourage healthy lifestyles and independence of 55 plus adults.
To provide accessible and affordable programs and activities that encourage healthy lifestyles through community collaboration and a spirit of cooperation.
To be a seniors' centre of excellence with a solid funding base that delivers diverse programs and activities by engaging volunteers and community partners to meet the needs of the 55+ population.
Our Centre is growing to meet the needs of our community.
- take advantage of the activities, programs and services we offer
- we are a resource centre that provides information about services, activities and special events located in our community.
- if you have an activity planned for the 55+ age group, call us and we will be happy to help you promote your event through our website and poster board
- check out our website for updated calendar of activities, special events and volunteer opportunities
- Ideas for new activities are welcomed and encouraged.
Our Centre is a volunteer based organization. Volunteers are essential to the success of everything we do. Training is provided, see our website for more details.
- Office volunteers
- Volunteers to lead and/or deliver programs/activities
- Board of Directors
- Committee Work/ Task groups
For further information please contact the Owen Sound and Area Seniors’ Centre at 519-376-8304.