Ice skating is a popular sport in Owen Sound and can be done in the indoor comfort of the city’s two arenas at the Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre and the Julie McArthur Regional Recreation Centre.
ADMISSIONS (All prices include HST):
NOTE: Schedules are subject to change; FACILITIES CLOSED: DEC 25 & JAN. 1
For memberships, schedules, or information, contact us at:
- Community Services: 519-376-1440
- Bayshore: 519-376-3594
- Julie McArthur Regional Recreation Centre: 519-376-1440 ext. 1256
Public Skating Rules of Conduct
- No food or drink on the ice surface
- No horseplay/games
- Skate only as fast as the general flow of skaters
- No balls/pucks/chairs/pylons/strollers/ stick or any other item which might interfere with the safety of any skater while on the ice
- No carrying of children is to be permitted
- Skate with the direction of all skaters
- Listen and adhere to the Skate Patrol at all times
- Consider the use of a helmet as they are strongly recommended
- Those with little or no skating experience should stay in the centre ice area.
For more information, call 519-376-1440
Outdoor Rink (Seasonal - Weather permitting)
Harrison Park is home to an outdoor artificial surface.
The HOSE rule takes effect; Hockey on Odd days; Skating on Even.