To ensure the objectives of the community are both met and exceeded in the provision of transportation, parks, cemetery, environmental, airport, sewage treatment, water treatment and water distribution services, and the management of the City's capital infrastructure, buildings, community halls and recreation centres in a cost effective environmentally safe manner to maintain, preserve and enhance the quality of community life.
The Operations Department has two divisions: Engineering Services & Public Works.
The Office of the Director of Operations is responsible for ensuring that the services provided by the Department meet the goals established by Council and that the Department operates within the approved policies and procedures of the City.
The Director of Operations is responsible for the management of the City's Conventional and Specialized Transit services and the Owen Sound Billy Bishop Regional Airport.
- City Transit
- Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Engineering Services Division
- Studies & Reports
- Traffic Counts Map and Datasheets
- Projects & Road Construction
- Public Works Division
- Waste Management (Landfill, Recycling, Compost, Household Hazardous Waste)
- Environmental and Waste Advisory Committee Minutes
- Water Treatment and Distribution
- Operations Advisory Committee Minutes
Class Environmental Assessment
- 9th Street Bridge Replacement Project
- Project File (pdf) 10 mb
- Presentation notes from the Public Information Centre June 17, 2009 (powerpoint file) 7mb
Director of Operations: Brad McRoberts P. Eng., email@example.com
Administrative Coordinator: Kim Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org