To advise and make recommendations to Council on the policies, programs and services delivered by the Corporate Services Department and the Fire Department, including but not limited to matters related to:
- Revenue and Taxation
- Information Technology (IT)
- Human Resources
- Council Services
- Legislative Services
- By-laws and Enforcement
- Animal Control
- Fire Protection and Prevention
- Provide recommendations and advice to Council in consideration of City plans and documents, staff reports, best practices and public feedback.
- Host public meetings or open houses as directed by Council.
- Oversee the implementation of the Strategic Plan by recommending annual work plans for the departments and project plans to Council, as well as review and help prioritize the five-year capital budget.
- Monitor and evaluate financial and operational performance of programs and services.
- Hear public appeals for garbage bag tag charges and make recommendations to Council on upholding or waiving charges.
Key Reference Documents
- Municipal Act, 2001
- Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Owen Sound 2015 Strategic Plan