Financial Services provides a correct accounting and reporting of revenues and expenditures for all City functions. Financial Services is responsible for producing timely and accurate municipal tax and utility bills and the collection of those bills; purchasing expertise to the corporation so that goods and services are available at the right time, place, quality and quantity at the lowest possible price and in accordance with the City purchasing policy.
Professional staff in the areas of accounting, purchasing and tax administration perform all of these services and a number of others.
The Financial Services Department is here to provide accounting, municipal taxation and purchasing expertise to City Taxpayers, and City Staff. We have a very experienced, cordial and professional staff that look forward to serving our public. Should you have any questions or concerns involving any of the areas that are listed on the following pages please call the Manager of that area and they will be happy to talk with you.
- Financial Statements and Financial Information Returns
- Operating and Capital Budget
- Account Receivable
- Performance Measures
- Municipal Tax Bills and Payments
- Water / Waste Water Billing and Payments
- Front Counter Services
- Accounts Payable
- Web site design and maintenance for City web sites
- Technical support for City staff
- Network infrastructure support and maintenance
- Information Technology project support and management
The City of Owen Sound Asset Management Plan
Latest Financial Services Committee Minutes
View minutes from the below link:
Previous Financial Services Committee Minutes