You are here


What facilities are available in Owen Sound and what are the rates?
Owen Sound has several facilities available to rent for family gatherings and special occasions. For facility availability and to book a facility, please contact Community Services, Recreation Department, at 376-1440.

What events are happening today or in the future?
Community events are listed on the Tourism section of the city web site. Event information can also be obtained by contacting Owen Sound’s Visitor Information Centre at 371-9833 or by dropping into the Information Centre at 1155 First Avenue West (in the old railway station). 

How do I sign my child up for Minor Sports? When is registration? Is my child old enough to play his/her favourite sport?
Information for Minor Sports can be obtained by contacting the sport of choice. Or attend the Minor Sports registrations held by the Department of Community Services at the Bayshore Community Centre.

I am planning an event and I need accommodations for out of town guests. How do I find them?
Contact the Owen Sound Visitor Information Centre at 371-9833 for accommodation information. The Information Centre staff can offer advice in organizing your event, too.

When is the Festival of Northern Lights?
Visit the Festival of Northern Lights web site for information. Information on other festivals and events can be found on the Owen Sound Tourism’s web site or by calling the Owen Sound Visitor Centre at 371-9833.

How often do the Activities Guides come out?
The Activities Guides are published twice a year: the Spring/Summer issue and the Fall/Winter issue.

Website by the City of Owen Sound | Website Policy