Hough Woodland Naylor Dance Leinster, with the assistance of Hotson Bakker, Architects, Malone Given Parsons and Henderson Paddon, developed a Master Plan and Urban Design Strategy for the City of Owen Sound's harbour and downtown areas.
The objective of the Master Plan and Urban Design Study was to provide an overall framework for urban improvements within these areas, and to develop design specifications for the downtown redevelopment.
The final document includes:
- Potential solutions and recommended actions with respect to an urban design strategy within the harbour and downtown areas.
- Recommendations regarding future land use, development requirements and parking resulting from the urban design strategy.
- The existing urban amenities in the harbour and downtown areas.
- An estimation of the cost to construct the urban design for the harbour and downtown.
- Specifications and drawings of urban amenities (street furniture, banners, light standards etc.)
- An implementation plan developed in consultation with business owners, staff, Committee, and Council for the construction work to be completed downtown.
The Owen Sound Harbour & Downtown Urban Design/Master Plan Strategy can be found in the reference section of the Owen Sound & North Grey Union Public Library, or at the Community Services Department, Planning Division, Owen Sound City Hall, 808 2nd Avenue East, Owen Sound. Copies of the Master Plan may be purchased for $50.00.
The following excerpts from the Master Plan can be found here: