The Council of the City of Owen Sound is made up of nine members:
- One Mayor
- One Deputy Mayor
- Seven Councillors
All positions are elected at large.
The City/County Councillor represents City ratepayers at the County of Grey as well as at City Council. City Council recently voted to change the name of the City/County Councillor to Deputy Mayor. This change will take effect on the day the new Council is organized after the municipal election in October 2014.
For more Council information please see the following:
Time and Location of Council Meetings
- Regular Council Meetings begin at 7pm on Monday evenings according to a set schedule
- Special and Emergency Council mmetings are hels at call of the Chair with a public notice
- Meetings are held in the City Council Chambers unless otherwise noted on the meeting Agenda
- Agendas are published the Friday before each Regular Council meeting
- Minutes are published following each meeting and confirmed by Council at the next Regular Council meeting
- Published highlights from each council meeting