You are here

Clerk's Office

Mission Statement:

To efficiently provide the Statutory responsibilities and services of the municipal Clerk to City Council and the Public.

Services Provided:

City Council Support

  • Meetings of Council
    • Owen Sound City Council Calendar
    • Committee Meeting Calendar
    • Boards and Committees of Council
  • Media Releases
  • Corporate Office
  • Corporate Records Retention
  • Council Agendas, By-laws, and Minutes
  • By-Laws
  • Municipal Election
  • City of Owen Sound Policy Manual
  • Vital Statistics – Birth Registrations
  • Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act Requests


  • Business
  • Find Business Permits and Licences
  • Lottery
  • Marriage
  • Civil Marriages


  • Assessment Roll Information & Property Enquiry Request Form
  • The Municipal Assessment Roll that contains property information is available in the City Clerk's Office or at the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)
  • Real Property Register
  • Municipal Property Agreements
  • Stopping Up and Closure of Roads
  • Notices and Circulations related to Planning matters (Zoning & Official Plan)
  • Encroachment Agreements
    • Six Months (short term)
    • Permanent

Insurance Claim

If you wish to submit a claim against the City, please use the liability claim information sheet below:


Commissioner of Oaths/Affidavits

  • Commissioning Services are offered by the Clerk or Deputy Clerk.
  • Commission fee is $45.20 (including tax).

Tag Day permission to conduct a tag day fund raising project in the City
Booking City Hall Plaza permission to use the front of City Hall, Steps (flag raising), or Parking Lot (rear)

Parade Information & Request:

Letter must be submitted at least Four (4) weeks prior to the event. The request should be submitted to the attention of the City Clerk, 808 2nd Avenue East, Owen Sound, Ontario, N4K 2H4, should include the following:

  • route
  • date of event
  • times of event
  • any special requests
  • identify if use for sidewalk or on roadway
  • a compulsory minimum of $2,000,000 general liability insurance coverage must also be provided, naming the City as additional insured.

If route is on county road, application must be made to the County of Grey.

 All other fees applicable to services through the City Clerk's Division.

Website by the City of Owen Sound | Website Policy