In Owen Sound there is a wide range of incentives available for small business and developers depending on the development and location:
- Brownfield financial tax incentives program
- Development charge refund program
- Façade and structural improvements design and procedure guidelines
- Façade and structural improvements grant application
- Flexible zoning for live/work businesses
- Free Wifi downtown
- Heritage property tax relief
- New multi-residential tax class - 2.1%
- Tax incentives for vacant lots
Small Business Support
The Business Enterprise Centre offers free advice to new and existing businesses. Entrepreneurs can seek assistance with business planning, market research and all questions related to small business.
Office Location: 173 8th Street E, Owen Sound
About the Community Improvement Plan
Our 2010 Community Improvement Plan (CIP) is a framework for supporting and starting programs that encourage development and redevelopment throughout the City. Downtown and the harbourfront areas are especially targeted by the plan.
The CIP allows the city to offer financial assistance to encourage completion of projects according to municipal and provincial standards. The CIP incentives are intended to support affordable housing, heritage preservation, brownfield remediation and overall long-term economic prosperity in the City.